Hymenoplasty Tunisia: what is hymen reconstructive surgery?
Hymenoplasty is a technique of intimate surgery for women aiming at an artificial reconstruction of the vaginal hymen. This technique of aesthetic medicine aims to offer a second anatomical virginity to certain women who wish to do so. In practice, hymenoplasty is performed through an incision in the lower part of the vaginal mucosa. The remains of the hymen are then sewn back together to form a new thin membrane (a new hymen). If there is nothing left of the hymen, the surgeon usually uses a piece of the vaginal wall to create a membrane similar to the hymen.
Although the technique is quite simple, it requires great skill and impeccable surgical attention to detail. Hymenoplasty is a procedure that leaves no visible traces. Indeed, the healing is quite fast (after one month) and the hymen remains intact until there is again a defloration. Note that it is best to perform the hymenoplasty just after your period. This gives the mucous membrane time to heal before the new period arrives.
Hymenoplasty cost in Tunisia
|Hymenoplasty||1000€||2 nights / 3 days|
Hymenoplasty in Tunisia: what you need to know before you start
The first step is the consultation with the gynaecologist. The latter will ask you questions about your general health to find out if you suffer from certain pathologies or if you are undergoing certain treatments. Following this assessment, he will be able to determine whether your expectations are realistic or not. He will also discuss with you the risks, recovery time and cost of the procedure.
How is hymenoplasty performed in Tunisia?
Hymenoplasty is performed by a gynaecologist, under local anaesthesia. The procedure generally lasts 30 minutes and does not require hospitalisation.
The reconstruction of the hymen can be done either :
– by recovering the remains of the hymen and suturing them with a very thin absorbable thread (which does not need to be removed afterwards).
– by suturing together vaginal flaps in order to recreate a thin membrane that will act as a new hymen. Here again the surgeon uses very fine absorbable sutures.
Postoperative follow-up of hymenoplasty in Tunisia
- The reconstruction of the hymen is not a painful procedure. Its after-effects are therefore not very painful. However, some patients may experience a slight (sometimes moderate) pain.
- A slight swelling may also occur, but this usually disappears after 3 to 5 days.
- In some patients, bleeding may occur. If this happens, it rarely lasts more than 2 days.
- It is recommended to rest for 3 to 4 days after the operation. Housework and sports activities should be avoided for a month. It is also best to avoid swimming pools, saunas and steam rooms during this period.
- Showering is possible the day after the operation.
- The absorbable sutures will fall off after 2 weeks.
- The final result is usually visible after 2 months.
As far as anaesthesia is concerned, during the consultation, the anaesthetist himself will inform the patient of the risks of anaesthesia.
It is important to know that anaesthesia induces reactions in the body that are sometimes unpredictable and more or less easy to control: the fact of having recourse to a perfectly competent anaesthetist, practising in a truly surgical context, means that the risks incurred have become statistically very low.
It is important to know that techniques, anaesthetic products and monitoring methods have made immense progress over the last thirty years, offering optimal safety, especially when the operation is carried out outside of an emergency and on a person in good health.
As far as the surgical procedure is concerned: by choosing a qualified and competent Plastic Surgeon, trained in this type of operation, you limit these risks as much as possible, without however eliminating them completely.
*Disclaimer: results may vary from one person to another depending on the morphology of the patients.