Genioplasty Tunisia: what is chin surgery in Tunisia?
Genioplasty in Tunisia is a cosmetic surgery procedure that aims to correct the shape of the chin and improve its appearance and the harmonious aspect of the face. The goal is to restore the balance of the face, both from the front and from the side. Aesthetic chin surgery is usually required to treat a receding chin (receding genioplasty: chin that is too far forward) or a receding chin (advancing genioplasty: chin that is too far back).
Genioplasty uses two main techniques:
- Chin prosthesis (placement of implants)
- Osteotomy (placement of a bone sample taken from another area of the chin). The grafted bone corresponds to the bump removed from a nose by a rhinoplasty).
Cost of genioplasty in Tunisia
The price of genioplasty in Tunisia is from 1800 € depending on the technique used by the surgeon.
The price of genioplasty in Tunisia is all inclusive. This price includes the fees of the surgeon and anesthesiologist, the stay at the clinic, the costs of the operating room, the hotel stay and all transfers.
|Procedure||Cost||Stay in Tunis|
|Chin reduction||Check cost here||4 nights / 5 days|
|Chin augmentation||Check cost here||4 nights / 5 days|
Genioplasty Tunisia : what you need to know before you start
The first step in genioplasty Tunisia is the pre-operative assessment. The surgeon asks you questions about your general health. He or she will then evaluate your face and chin structure to determine the defect and the type of plastic surgery you need.
Afterwards, he or she will discuss your expectations with you to see if they are realistic or not. He or she should also tell you about the risks and inform you of the recovery time and cost of the procedure.
Your first contact with Med Assistance regarding a genioplasty in Tunisia:
If you are interested in chin surgery / genioplasty, we will first contact you by phone for a personal consultation with your plastic surgeon through one of our medical consultants. You will have the opportunity to discuss your goals and the results you would like to achieve from this facial cosmetic surgery. Your surgeon will communicate with you to understand your expectations of this procedure and the long-term benefits. Every patient is different, and your surgeon will choose the surgical technique and treatment plan that is right for you. During your initial consultation, you should expect to:
- Complete a medical questionnaire with a full medical history. Include information about previous surgeries, past and present medical problems and any medications or herbal supplements you are taking.
- Provide your surgeon with clear front and profile photos to conduct a complete examination of your face, including the quality of the underlying skin and bones.
- Discuss the risks and possible postoperative complications.
- An x-ray may be necessary to determine the appropriate procedure.
How is performed the genioplasty in Tunisia?
Genioplasty in Tunisia can be performed under local or general anesthesia. The operation can be ambulatory or sometimes require a night of hospitalization. It lasts between 30min to 1h30.
Genioplasty chin curl:
This procedure aims to move back a chin that is too far forward. It can be done by planing the jawbone (by filing the lower edge of the mandibular bone) or by osteotomy of the chin (the excess bone is cut).
Chin surgery in Tunisia: Genioplasty of recoil:
This procedure aims to move back a chin that is too far forward, also called protruding chin. It can be done by planing the jawbone (by filing the lower edge of the mandibular bone) or by osteotomy of receding chin (the excess bone is cut).
Receding chin surgery Tunisia: Advancement genioplasty :
This procedure can be done using two techniques:
chin prosthesis (placement of implants). The prostheses can be made of silicone or Medpor (POREX), and come in different forms (central prosthesis, prosthesis with small side wings).
The choice depends on the defect to be corrected, the patient’s preferences and the surgeon’s opinion. The implant is inserted through an incision in the lower jawbone. It is thus hidden by the fat and muscles of the chin.
Chin advancement osteotomy. The chin bone is cut horizontally to produce a bony fragment. This fragment is then advanced and fixed to the chin with metal plates and screws.
Post-operative follow-up of the genioplasty Tunisia
The pain of a mentoplasty procedure in Tunisia is generally moderate. Painkillers are prescribed to help relieve them. Antibiotics may also be prescribed.
Bleeding from the mouth is frequent but not serious. Edema of the lips and neck may appear, and can sometimes be significant. During the first few days, there is a reduction in sensitivity in the lower lip, chin, teeth and gums.
Excellent oral hygiene is required (mouthwashes are prescribed). Teeth and gums must be cleaned after each meal with an ultra-soft brush.
As for food, certain precautions must be taken to ensure proper healing: food must be lukewarm or cold and preferably soft. Hot, spicy or acidic food should be avoided.
Other types of cosmetic surgeries in Tunisia :
– During the consultation, the anaesthesiologist will carefully explain the potential anaesthesia risks. Please note that anaesthesia of any kind can cause reactions in the body that are sometimes unpredictable, some of which are easier to control than others. The likelihood of these complications is greatly reduced in the hands of a competent anaesthesiologist experienced in a surgical context.
Techniques, anaesthetics and monitoring methods have enormously improved over the last thirty years, and are very safe, especially when the operation is performed in a nonemergency situation on a healthy person.
With regard to the surgery: Choosing a qualified and competent plastic surgeon that performs this type of surgery regularly limits the risk of complications, but does not eliminate them.
Fortunately, true complications after rhinoplasty are extremely rare in an approved surgical setting. Done carefully, the vast majority of procedures go smoothly and patients are very satisfied with the way the procedure turns out.
Rhinoplasty complications are infrequent. Nevertheless, there is always a possibility of complications, including:
• Bleeding can be excessive, but this is extremely unlikely after this surgery.
• Numbness of the lower lip, gum and teeth is common and will gradually subside.
• Delay or lack of bone healing: In this case, bone grafting might be necessary.
• Dental lesions: Very rarely, the roots of the teeth may be damaged and require treatment.
- Resorption of the bone fragment:A secondary reconstruction will then require a bone graft or the placement of a chin implant.Disclaimer: Results may vary from one person to another depending on the patient’s body shape.
*Disclaimer: results may vary from one person to another depending on the morphology of the patients.